This Keto-Friendly Zucchini Lasagna is a delightful, low-carb twist on a classic dish. Slices of zucchini replace traditional lasagna noodles, layered with a flavorful combination of lean ground beef, garlic, and marinara sauce. The layers are interspersed with generous dollops of ricotta cheese and sprinkled with shredded mozzarella and grated Parmesan, then baked to golden perfection. This lasagna not only caters to keto dieters, but it's also a great choice for anyone looking for a healthier, low-carb option. It serves four, with each serving containing 7g of net carbs and 320 calories. With a preparation time of 20 minutes and a cooking time of 45 minutes, it's a convenient and tasty option for any day of the week.
Servings: 4 people
- 2 large zucchinis sliced lengthwise (about 1/4 inch thick)
- 1 pound of lean ground beef
- 2 cups of marinara sauce sugar-free
- 1 cup of ricotta cheese
- 1 cup of mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese grated
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/4 cup of fresh basil chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil spray for greasing
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish with olive oil spray.
- Place your sliced zucchini on paper towels, sprinkle with salt, and set aside for 10 minutes. This helps to draw out the moisture from the zucchini.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the ground beef and minced garlic, then season with salt and pepper. Cook until the beef is browned and cooked through, then drain any excess fat.
- Pour the marinara sauce into the skillet with the beef and stir well. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Rinse the salt off the zucchini slices and pat dry with paper towels.
- In the greased baking dish, layer the zucchini slices to cover the bottom. Spread half of the beef mixture over the zucchini, then dollop half of the ricotta cheese on top. Sprinkle 1/3 of the shredded mozzarella and half the chopped basil over the ricotta.
- Repeat the layers using the remaining zucchini, beef mixture, ricotta, and another 1/3 of the mozzarella. Finish with a final layer of zucchini slices.
- Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella and grated Parmesan on top of the final layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes, or until the lasagna is bubbling and the top is golden brown.
- Let the lasagna rest for about 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with the remaining chopped basil and serve hot.
Net Carbs: 7g per serving Calories: 320 calories per serving