Baked Tofu with Quinoa and Steamed Broccoli
This vegan, low-carb delight combines the rich flavors of baked tofu seasoned with a savory marinade alongside fluffy quinoa and vibrant steamed broccoli. A harmonious blend of textures and tastes, it's a beginner-friendly dish that requires minimal preparation. In under an hour, you get a nutrient-packed meal that boasts 375 kcal and 15g net carbs per serving, making it both healthful and hearty. Perfect for those seeking a tasty balance between health and convenience.
- 1 block 14 oz firm tofu, pressed and cubed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari for gluten-free option
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup quinoa rinse thoroughly to remove bitter saponin coating
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a mixing bowl, combine olive oil, soy sauce/tamari, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, garlic powder, and onion powder. Mix well.
- Toss the tofu cubes in the marinade ensuring all pieces are well-coated.
- Transfer the tofu cubes onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, ensuring they’re spaced apart.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until golden brown and slightly crispy on the outside, turning halfway through for even cooking.
- While the tofu is baking, add quinoa and 2 cups of water to a medium-sized pot.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes or until the quinoa is cooked through and water is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and let it sit for 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a pot with a steamer insert, bring 2 inches of water to a boil.
- Add the broccoli florets to the steamer basket.
- Cover and steam for about 5 minutes or until the broccoli is vibrant green and tender but still crisp. Season with salt and pepper.