Cheap Keto Meals: Zesty Cabbage Stir-Fry
This Keto Zesty Cabbage Stir-Fry is a quick and easy dish that packs a flavorful punch, perfect for those on a keto diet or anyone who enjoys a healthy and delicious meal
Servings: 4 people
- 1 medium-sized head of green cabbage about 2 pounds, cored and sliced thin
- 1 medium-sized red bell pepper sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 medium-sized onion thinly sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon of grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce or tamari ensure it's gluten-free for a fully keto version
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- A pinch of red pepper flakes optional
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh cilantro optional for garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan or wok over medium heat.
- Add the thinly sliced onion to the pan and sauté for about 5 minutes until it becomes translucent.
- Add the minced garlic and grated ginger to the pan, sauté for about 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add the sliced red bell pepper to the pan and sauté for about 3 minutes, until it begins to soften.
- Add the thinly sliced cabbage to the pan, stirring well to combine with the other ingredients. Sauté for about 5 minutes, or until the cabbage begins to wilt and soften.
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, lime zest, lime juice, and red pepper flakes (if using). Stir until well combined.
- Pour the sauce over the cabbage mixture in the pan, stirring well to ensure all ingredients are evenly coated. Cook for another 2-3 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together.
- Season the stir-fry with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide the stir-fry evenly between four plates. Garnish with fresh cilantro, if desired.
- Serve the Keto Zesty Cabbage Stir-Fry warm and enjoy!
Net Carbs: 6 grams per serving Calories: 230 calories per serving