Cauliflower Fried Rice
This Keto Cauliflower Fried Rice is a low-carb, high flavor dish, easy to prepare in about 30 minutes. This recipe serves 4, and each serving has just 5 grams of net carbs and 220 calories.
Servings: 4 people
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables like peas and carrots; ensure it's keto-friendly
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce or tamari ensure it's gluten-free if necessary
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Remove the leaves and stem of the cauliflower and cut it into chunks. Place the chunks into a food processor and pulse until it resembles rice grains. If you don't have a food processor, you can grate the cauliflower using a box grater.
- Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet or wok over medium heat.
- Add the diced onion to the skillet and sauté until it becomes translucent and slightly browned (around 5 minutes).
- Add the minced garlic and sauté for another minute until fragrant.
- Stir in the frozen vegetables and continue to cook for about 5 minutes until they are heated through.
- Push the vegetables to one side of the skillet. Add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil to the empty side of the skillet, then add the eggs. Scramble the eggs and cook until set.
- Once the eggs are cooked, mix them with the vegetables.
- Stir in the riced cauliflower. Continue to cook and stir for about 5 minutes until the cauliflower is tender and heated through.
- Pour in the soy sauce or tamari. Stir everything until well combined and the cauliflower rice is evenly coated. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle the sliced green onions on top.
Net Carb Content: 5 grams per serving Total Calorie Count: 220 calories per serving