Low Carb Chocolate Mousse
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup low-carb sweetener such as erythritol or monk fruit sweetener
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Halve the avocados, remove the pits, and scoop out the flesh into a bowl.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the avocado flesh, cocoa powder, low-carb sweetener, unsweetened almond milk, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt.
- Blend or process on high until the mixture is smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. This should take about 2-3 minutes.
- Taste the mousse and adjust the sweetness if needed. If it's too thick, add a little more almond milk and blend again until you reach your desired consistency.
- Divide the mousse evenly between four serving dishes.
- You can serve the mousse immediately, but for best results, cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. This allows the flavors to meld together and the mousse to firm up a bit.
- Optional: Garnish with a sprinkle of cocoa powder or some low-carb berries before serving.