Are you looking for a delicious and healthy dinner option that won’t throw off your low-carb diet? Look no further than low-carb meatloaf! This classic comfort food is a favorite among families and can be easily adapted to fit your dietary needs without sacrificing flavor. In this blog post, we’ll introduce you to low-carb meatloaf, its benefits, and how to make it.
What is Low-Carb Meatloaf?
Meatloaf is a classic American dish that typically consists of ground beef, breadcrumbs, eggs, and seasonings. While delicious and satisfying, traditional meatloaf can be high in carbs due to the use of breadcrumbs as a binder. To make low-carb meatloaf, the breadcrumbs are replaced with a low-carb alternative, such as almond flour or pork rinds.
The Benefits of Low-Carb Meatloaf
Not only is low-carb meatloaf delicious and satisfying, but it also has several health benefits. By replacing high-carb ingredients with low-carb alternatives, you can reduce your daily carb intake and stay on track with your health goals. Plus, because meat is the main ingredient in meatloaf, it’s a great source of protein, which is essential for building and repairing muscle tissue.
How to Make Low-Carb Meatloaf
To make low-carb meatloaf, you’ll need ground beef, low-carb breadcrumbs (we recommend the ones from Great Low Carb Bread Company, here), eggs, and seasonings. Start by preheating your oven to 375°F (190°C) and greasing a loaf pan. In a mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, low-carb breadcrumbs, eggs, and seasonings. Mix until the ingredients are well combined and the mixture is uniform. Press the mixture into the loaf pan and bake for 45-60 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 160°F (71°C).
Tips for Making Perfect Low-Carb Meatloaf
- Use a lean ground beef to reduce the fat content of your meatloaf.
- Add vegetables, such as onions, garlic, and peppers, for added flavor and nutrition.
- Experiment with different low-carb binders, such as almond flour, coconut flour, or pork rinds, to find the one that you prefer.
- Let your meatloaf rest for at least 10 minutes before slicing to allow the juices to redistribute and prevent it from falling apart.
Best Ever Low-Carb Meatloaf
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1/2 cup almond flour or low-carb breadcrumbs (https://greatlowcarb.com/product/great-low-carb-italian-bread-crumbs/)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup sugar-free ketchup
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, almond flour, eggs, almond milk, onion, bell pepper, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and black pepper. Mix until the ingredients are well combined and the mixture is uniform.
- Grease a loaf pan and press the meat mixture into the pan.
- Spread the sugar-free ketchup evenly over the top of the meatloaf.
- Bake the meatloaf for 1 hour or until the internal temperature reaches 160°F (71°C).
- Remove the meatloaf from the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
Low-carb meatloaf is a delicious and healthy dinner option that’s perfect for anyone following a low-carb or keto diet. By replacing high-carb ingredients with low-carb alternatives, you can enjoy all the flavor and satisfaction of traditional meatloaf without the guilt. So why not give it a try tonight and see for yourself how delicious low-carb eating can be?